
Hi everyone, We had an interesting night as we think we have mice in the loft training for the 100 metres! They started training at 2AM. It snowed during the night but then turned to rain early hours. Leaving the very steep roads down from our apartment nice and slushy.
After breakfast, we took H for a walk and then took the car down to town. Very slippery but OK. we asked the french farmer who lives opposite, if we needed snow chains, he didn't speak English, but we think he said no!!!
Today we went to La Rosiere and then Val d'Isere. La Rosiere was very snowy with plenty of the white stuff. We had a coffee and bought Fiona some water proof boots and we both purchased a new hat.
Val also had loads of snow and we sat outside the posh hotel near La Face and had a coffee. No skiing today as the weather wasn't perfect!! We plan to get our ski legs back tomorrow. It was very cloudy today but it is now 16:30 and we can see the resorts all around us even though cloud hugs the tops of the mountains.
We will have to sort out the bed situation for Tim and Simon later in the trip as we have discovered that we only have double beds!!
After breakfast, we took H for a walk and then took the car down to town. Very slippery but OK. we asked the french farmer who lives opposite, if we needed snow chains, he didn't speak English, but we think he said no!!!
Today we went to La Rosiere and then Val d'Isere. La Rosiere was very snowy with plenty of the white stuff. We had a coffee and bought Fiona some water proof boots and we both purchased a new hat.
Val also had loads of snow and we sat outside the posh hotel near La Face and had a coffee. No skiing today as the weather wasn't perfect!! We plan to get our ski legs back tomorrow. It was very cloudy today but it is now 16:30 and we can see the resorts all around us even though cloud hugs the tops of the mountains.
We will have to sort out the bed situation for Tim and Simon later in the trip as we have discovered that we only have double beds!!
It's just started raining down in the valley. Looks like more snow in resort.
Bye for now, John
Bye for now, John
Heather's Blog
I went for a walk in the snow this mornong - really liked that great fun - there are 3 dogs who live near me - I have taken to one of them but not so keen on the other 2 - all a bit french for me.
We then travelled up to 2 ski restorts - I must say I am not sure about these skiers - Mum and Dad tried to get me on the Piste but I decided that was not what I wanted so I ran as fast as I could in the direction of the car - nearly getting knocked over by a skier in the process - got told off but felt I had made the right choice. Didn't much care for val D'Isere either but I am told I will get used to it. Made it back to the appartment after a nice walk again in the snow which I liked then tucked into a hearty Dinner. Not sure what is planned for tomorrow just relaxing on my chair at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment